Volunteer at the Village at Oakwood in Oklahoma City
The permanent staff at assisted living facilities is essential to the health and wellbeing of all residents. However, it’s the volunteers that can assure the assisted living residents receive top of the line care. At the Village at Oakwood in Oklahoma City, we are always looking for enthusiastic volunteers who truly want to make a difference in the lives of our residents. Our senior living programs wouldn’t be successful without your help!
What Can You Do?
It doesn’t matter if you lack experience assisting seniors or have experience in Assisted Living Care. Our qualified assisted living center staff handles these aspects of senior care services. We are looking for individuals and groups who are interested in helping us run the daily activities our seniors enjoy. Some of the tasks with which our volunteers can help include:
- Assist with Games (bingo, table games, word games and others)
- Assist with Socials (holiday parties, movies, festivals and decorations)
- Assist with Activities (arts and crafts, exercise, teach a class)
- Resident outings (chaperone)
- Read to Residents
- Be a Friend/Companion (one-on-one visits with Residents)
- General Facility and Landscaping Projects
- Help with Fundraising Events
How to Become a Volunteer
- Application: complete our volunteer application and consent form.
- Interview: our Life Enrichment Coordinator will contact you to set up an interview to discuss your passions and background and see how we can best use your skills and interests to benefit our residents.
- Criminal background screening: all of our volunteers must meet the state requirements for having access to vulnerable adults, which includes a criminal background screening. The community pays for associated costs of the criminal background check.
- Health screening: some states require health screening for volunteers which may include a physician’s report, tuberculosis testing, and communicable disease testing.
- Orientation: all volunteers are given an orientation of the community and general assigned tasks prior to volunteering at the community.